The foundation of every PCB design is its libraries. And we all know that PCB designers and Librarians can spend a significant amount of time developing the logic and footprint symbols required for each design. Well, here at Mentor Graphics we feel your pain. In fact, we’ve made a significant investment in PADS libraries that gives you, our users, immediate access to a new proven, pre-built, state of the art starter library
PADS PCB design customers with active maintenance on v9.5 and above can download FREE libraries through Mentor Graphics’ partnership with Optimum Design Associates, Inc.
The fully documented starter library comprises more than 11,000 parts including 1700+ xDX symbols and 1000+ IPC-compliant and manufacturer recommended PADS decals.
Part library entries include pin and gate swapping as well as component information, schematic borders, and documentation templates.
Included with the download are:
- Central library for PADS integrated flow
- PADS netlist library
- xDX Databook database and configurations for integrated and netlist flows
- Project templates for creating new xDX Designer projects
- User Guide
- IPC-7351B compliant
- Large variety of device types
- Clearly defined partitions for easy navigation
- Manufacturer part number, checked by Valor® NPI for footprint accuracy
- All part numbers qualified for use in schematic and layout
- Manufacturer part numbers verified as current
- Descriptions of the standards used to create the library
- Fully compatible with PADS VX and PADS 9.5
- Library administration support
Thanks for reading!