Siemens has been named by Gartner, Inc. as a “Leader” in its 2017 Magic Quadrant for Manufacturing Execution Systems/Manufacturing Operations Management (MES/MOM). Why is that a big green light for Automotive Manufacturers?
Because that means Siemens’ MES/MOM for the Automotive industry, SIMATIC IT, is built on the leading technology in the world. As you look to invest in technology that is going to accelerate your leadership in the future, you can be confident that when you select Siemens’ as your partner, you have the best opportunity for success.
Gartner is a leading worldwide IT research and advisory firm. Each year, Gartner evaluates vendors and displays rankings in the Magic Quadrant. In the 2017 Gartner MES/MOM Magic Quadrant, which is the first ever for this area of applications, companies were assessed on “Ability to Execute”, covering aspects such as products or service, overall viability, market responsiveness/record, marketing execution, operations and customer experience along with “Completeness of Vision,” which scores aspects such as product strategy, innovation, understanding of market and industry verticals.
Siemens holds a unique position in the manufacturing market by providing a holistic solution that supports the entire value chain, from ideation to design, manufacturing execution, and software for plant automation, plant hardware, coupled with an open cloud-based operating system for the IoT.
For Automotive manufacturers, this translates to a host of benefits:
• Consolidation of all production processes to improve manufacturing execution process, quality management, and advanced planning and scheduling
• Integrated PLM and MES for seamless management of technological data and processes across the entire enterprise
• Significantly reduced implementation effort, risk and project management complexity with standards-based architecture and industry-specific and custom libraries
• Higher shop floor productivity due to improved plant asset utilization, product quality, and agility of production processes
• Monitoring and management of non-conformance issues to minimize idle time and increase overall throughput
• Increased plant intelligence through integrated information flows across all levels and powerful reporting for real-time performance analysis
Are you ready join other top performers on the leading platform for Automotive manufacturing? See what it’s all about.
Click here for more information on Siemens’ Magic Quadrant placement, and to view the 2017 Magic Quadrant report for MES/MOM.