The America’s Cup is a technology race. This means that even though the main event is happening on the waters off the coast of New Zealand, the race to the best design is happening in the shed, behind closed doors.
Today, Matt Cornwell, former world champion sailor and Head Rules Advisor at INEOS TEAM UK, is taking us on an exclusive tour of the INEOS TEAM UK headquarters in Auckland to meet some of the unsung heroes behind the Britannia.
Listen to Grant Simmer, CEO, Ollie Pendleton, design engineer and Max Starr, CDF analyst, as they discuss the Cup, rapid prototyping, systems & sensors, aero & hydro, and more!
Watch the video now!
- 00’35: Mission Control — Matt Cornwell with Grant Simmer and Ollie Pendleton
- 02’43: Simulator — Matt Cornwell with Max Starr
- 04’40: Britannia Deck — Matt Cornwell with Grant Simmer and Ollie Pendleton
- 07’16: Electronics and Systems Container — Matt Cornwell with Ollie Pendleton
- 09’59: Back on the Britannia Deck — Matt Cornwell with Grant Simmer and Ollie Pendleton
If you would like to learn how digital twin technology was used in the development of BRITANNIA, why not watch the recording of our webinar with Nick Holroyd, Chief Designer at INEOS TEAM UK?
We wish INEOS TEAM UK all the best for the next set of races against Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli this week!