I would like to thank Daimler for hosting the 2016 meeting at their Stuttgart area location on April 6-7.
The MRB meeting provides an annual opportunity for the JT Open Program management team to share their experiences with JT, review the JT Open Program activities, discuss future plans, and address program governance items. JT Open Program MRB consists of a set of corporate and vendor members of the program. The current JT Open MRB members include BMW, Boeing, BOSCH, Caterpillar, Chrysler, Daimler, Dana, Delphi, Denso, Ford, GM, Honda, Magna, Procter & Gamble, Rolls Royce, Autodesk, PTC, Theorem, and Siemens. (JT Open Program member list)
The 2016 MRB meeting agenda included:
- program member discussions of JT enabled workflows
- discussion on applications that leverage the JT file format
- industry technology areas such as additive manufacturing, augmented reality and virtual reality
- JT ISO standardization
- JT Open International Conference planning
- program planning and vision discussion
Program members can access presentations on the member site. Anticipated future blog posts will explore more details of JT enabled use cases and JT enabled applications.
The MRB will next come together as part of a brief meeting with the TRB before the JT Open International Conference welcome reception on September 6.
Once again I’d like to thank Daimler for hosting the 2016 meeting.