If you’re not already subscribed to our bi-weekly e-mails on live and recorded webinars, check out these CAD, CAM and CAE webinars. The first is by industry analyst Chad Jackson. The CAM and CAE webinars are by Siemens PLM experts.
Getting productive with imported geometry — learn how you can sync your design changes regardless of CAD format
May 21, 3 p.m. (Eastern)
Industry analyst Chad Jackson will talk about why working with non-native CAD formats is critical, but challenging. And he’ll show how engineering teams at Caprock are closing this gap. This is the last of the three-part “Game Changing Product Design” webinar series hosted by Engineering.com, focused on new technology and approaches to solve the toughest design challenges.
- 1st in the series:Clean sheet design – stop wrestling CAD. Get new products to market now (replay available)
- 2nd in the series:Reinventing the wheel just got easier – valuable tips for reusing your CAD designs (replay available)
NX for Manufacturing Tech Tips
Various Tuesdays through June 18, 12 noon (Eastern)
Take a closer look at specific CAM, CMM inspection and CAM data management capabilities with NXTM– and learn how to use them by joining live 20-minute webinar demonstrations. Register once for access to all sessions and their replays. The next three topics are:
- May 14: Techniques for more effective 3-axis surface milling of molds and dies
- May 28: Proven techniques for high speed roughing of hard materials
- June 4: Manufacturing resource library: how to connect it to native NX
Learn how to overcome common FEA roadblocks and speed your time to mark – leveraging your existing CAD data for FE modeling
May 28, 2 p.m. (Eastern)
This is the first in a new webinar trilogy. The CAD model can be a good start to creating your FE model but accessing CAD data can be challenging. Problematic geometry such as sliver surfaces can derail subsequent meshing operations. The inability to idealize geometry can leave you with an unwieldy model that’s too big to solve. Attend this webinar to learn how to overcome common obstacles faced by all analysts when trying to reuse CAD geometry and get a head start with model creation for faster simulation.