We recently joined SAE as a sponsor for their Formula SAE Michigan competition. Our primary mission is to enable teams to extract the most out of engineering software (CAE, CAD, CAM) by providing comprehensive tools, training, and support to find better designs, faster. Here are a few examples of how we can help teams:
- Fluid/Thermal Simulations (CFD): STAR-CCM+ is widely used amongst teams due to its ease of use, FSAE tutorials and training, technical support, accuracy, and absence of academic limitations.
- Composites: Fibersim provides teams a tool for understanding how to design their composites (orientation for each ply, layering, stress, etc) and how to manufacture (drape simulation, cut patterns, etc).
- Electrical System and Harness Design: The products originally from Mentor Graphics allow for harness design amongst many other areas of simulation.
- CAD, CAM, and Structures: NX allows teams to explore each of these areas in one multidisciplinary tool. NX excels at hanlding large assemblies, computer-aided manufacturing, and connects CAD directly to accurate structural simulation.
- Model Based Systems Engineering: Amesim allows for quick conceptual design by allowing 1d simulation to be applied across the entire car (powertrain, tire (w/slipping), vehicle body, and more).
- Design Exploration / Optimization: HEEDS and/or Optimate+ is being used increasingly to shift from completing a handful of simulations, to completing thousands of simulation by using an automated/intelligent search of the design space.
We’re also happy to announce our recent forum for FSAE seen here.
If you’re interested in receiving a sponsorship, please fill out our grant application.